(HealthDay News) -- As a mom-to-be who is driving a car or a passenger, you're buckling up for two.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers these suggestions about using a safety belt during pregnancy:
- Always use both the shoulder and lap portions of the belt.
- Fasten the lap belt beneath your stomach -- never across.
- Fasten the belt so that there is a snug fit across your body.
- Never slip the shoulder belt under your arm; always make sure it is placed across your chest and fits between your breasts.
- Let the top part of the shoulder belt rest across your shoulder, but don't let it rub against your neck.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.