(HealthDay News) -- As you begin recovery from delivering a child by Caesarean section, you should avoid certain activities to give your body time to heal.
Here are suggestions on what to avoid in the short term, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Having sex -- at least until your doctor tells you that it's medically safe.
- Using tampons or douching.
- Taking a bath, until your incision has healed.
- Using a public pool or hot tub.
- Lifting any heavy object -- nothing heavier than your baby.
- Exercising and strenuous activity (until your doctor tells you it's safe), including heavy housework and frequently climbing a lot of stairs.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.