(HealthDay News) -- Sleep disturbances -- including trouble getting to sleep or waking frequently throughout the night -- are common in elderly people.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list of common reasons for sleep problems in older people:
- Increased need to urinate.
- Pain, particularly from arthritis.
- Neurological problems.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Side effects of taking certain medications.
- Alcohol use.
- Not getting enough exercise.
- Consuming too much caffeine.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.