(HealthDay News) -- As your pregnancy progresses, sleeping may become a little more uncomfortable each month.
The American Pregnancy Association offers these suggestions to help you sleep more comfortably during pregnancy:
- Try sleeping on your side -- particularly your left side, if it's comfortable. Bend your knees, and place a pillow between your knees.
- Also try a pillow under your belly, for support.
- If heartburn bothers you, prop up your upper body with pillows.
- If you feel short of breath, lie on your side or propped up with pillows.
- You should avoid sleeping on your back and on your stomach during pregnancy.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.