(HealthDay News) -- While everyone has a bellyache now and then, abdominal pain could signal more than a recent bout with a spicy sandwich.
The University of Maryland Medical Center offers these possible reasons for abdominal pain:
- Inflammation of the gallbladder, pancreas or appendix.
- Obstructed bowel.
- Persistent constipation or too much gas.
- Aneurysm in the abdomen.
- GERD or heartburn.
- Foodborne illness.
- Lactose intolerance.
- Infection, such as mononucleosis or stomach flu.
- Kidney stones or gallstones.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.