(HealthDay News) -- Pneumonia's symptoms may appear to mimic those of other respiratory infections. But pneumonia can kill, and its warning signs shouldn't be dismissed.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute mentions these possible warning signs of pneumonia:
- A high fever.
- Chills that cause you to shake.
- Worsening bouts of coughing up phlegm.
- Shortness of breath from performing everyday activities.
- Having chest pain when breathing or coughing.
- Suddenly feeling worse after you appeared to get over the flu or a cold.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.