(HealthDay News) -- If you have acne, it's important to gently clean the skin, particularly on the face.
The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases offers these suggestions:
- Wash your face regularly -- in the morning when you wake up, before you go to bed and always after you've exercised or sweated heavily.
- Be sure to wash your entire face -- including past the jaw and all the way up to the hairline.
- Use only a mild face wash. Ask your dermatologist or doctor what is best for your skin.
- Avoid using a harsh soap or astringent on your face, and don't scrub the skin.
- Wash your hair frequently. If you have oily hair, you may want to wash it daily.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.