(HealthDay News) -- In women, factors such as hormonal changes, diet, illness, or use of certain medications can trigger the growth of excess or unwanted hair.
To remove or minimize its appearance, the U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions:
- Bleach the hair so that it is less visible.
- Shave, wax, pluck or chemically remove the hair.
- Use electrolysis, a procedure in which an electric current is used to prevent hair from growing. But several treatments may be required.
- Remove hair with laser treatments.
- Lose weight. This can affect hormone levels, and in turn, reduce hair growth.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.