(HealthDay News) -- A pacemaker is a small implanted device that helps stabilize an irregular heartbeat.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says people with a pacemaker should avoid devices with strong magnetic fields that could interfere with a pacemaker's operation. Examples include:
- MP3 music players and cellular phones.
- Home appliances, such as a microwave oven.
- High-tension electrical wires.
- Electrical generators or metal detectors.
- Industrial welding machines.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.