(HealthDay News) -- When children aged 3 or older run a fever, it doesn't necessarily mean that they've got a dangerous illness.
The Nemours Foundation says the following symptoms indicate that your child may not be seriously ill, despite running a fever:
- Your child continues to play normally.
- Your child wants to drink fluids, and has a normal appetite.
- Your child smiles and seems alert.
- Your child's skin appears normal.
- Your child looks healthy after the fever breaks.
If you're not sure about the severity of your child's illness, take him or her to the pediatrician.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.