(HealthDay News) -- Your child's pediatrician may need a medical history when your child is sick or injured. To avoid having to remember everything in an emergency, it's best to start logging the child's history now.
The Nemours Foundation says the history should contain:
- Any allergies your child has to foods, medications, insect bites or substances.
- All medications (both over-the-counter and prescription) that your child takes.
- Any previous health conditions or illnesses, such as asthma or diabetes.
- Information about any hospital stays, prior surgeries or past procedures.
- A record of your child's immunizations.
- Your child's current height and weight.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.