(HealthDay News) -- Breast-feeding is a great time to bond with your little one. But for some moms, it can be a painful experience.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to help make breast-feeding a little more comfortable:
- Make sure your baby is latched on correctly.
- Some women benefit from nursing more often, but for a shorter spans.
- Offer baby the side that's less sore.
- Try an over-the-counter lotion just for breast-feeding moms.
- Rub a bit of breast milk on the nipple after the feeding, and let it air dry.
- Breast-feed in different positions to help drain all areas of the breast.
- Use an ice pack or a warm compress on the breast just before nursing.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.