(HealthDay News) -- A fussy baby may be soothed by a technique called swaddling, in which the infant is wrapped tight in a blanket with arms close to the body.
The Nemours Foundation offers this guidance for new parents:
- Spread out baby's receiving blanket, folding over one corner slightly.
- Place your baby on his or her back, with the head placed above the folded corner.
- Take the left corner and pull it across baby's body, tucking the corner beneath baby's right arm.
- Pull up the bottom corner over the feet so it rests just below baby's head.
- Take the right corner and wrap it around baby's body, tucking it beneath baby's back on the left side. Now, only baby's head and neck should be exposed.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.