(HealthDay News) -- Being a grandparent is one of the great joys of life. But if you feel like your child-care skills have rusted, Rotary International offers these suggestions:
- Spend time, one-on-one, with each grandchild.
- Don't spend the time together doing mundane things such as running errands. Instead, enjoy a fun, leisurely afternoon without a set schedule.
- Spend time together outdoors, at a local park or on a nature hike.
- Take your grandchild to a movie, play or concert, or visit local sights.
- Play games together. Card and board games are a fun way to help your grandchild learn, as you enjoy each other's company.
- Help your child learn about his or her family. Tell stories about family history, including when your grandchild's parents were young.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.