(HealthDay News) -- If you have a family member or friend who has been diagnosed with cancer, you may be puzzled about how you can help.
The American Cancer Society offers these suggestions:
- Prepare meals to keep on hand, or deliver meals each day at certain times, so the person doesn't have to worry about what to eat.
- Help out with the kids by driving them to and from school, practices and other activities.
- Drive the loved one to and from doctor appointments.
- Fill in for him or her when not feeling well. Run errands, take care of chores, or just answer the phone.
- Research the disease so you can discuss what the person is going through.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.