(HealthDay News) -- People who have fair skin -- or who are otherwise more susceptible to sunburn -- are at increased risk for skin cancer.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine lists these other common risk factors for skin cancer:
- Having a lot of freckles or moles.
- Having blue, gray or green eyes.
- Having blond or red hair.
- Having had many severe sunburns early in life.
- Having a family history of skin cancer.
- Being out in the sun frequently for long periods.
- Consistent exposure to the sun without use of sunscreen.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.