(HealthDay News) -- Stress can have a significant impact on your physical and emotional health.
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice on how to keep stress under control:
- Limit alcohol consumption, don't smoke and stick to a healthy diet.
- Don't take on more than you can handle, and don't be afraid to politely say "no," no matter who's asking.
- Exercise is a great stress reliever and helps you feel better.
- Practice relaxation techniques daily.
- Get organized and take control over your life. Do what you can, and recognize what you can't control.
- Try to identify and minimize things that cause stress.
- Be realistic in what you can accomplish, and accept that you don't have to do everything. Remind yourself of what you do well.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.