(HealthDay News) -- Your youngster's reaction to the introduction of a new brother or sister could include a range of emotions, from joy to resentment.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to help make the transition easier:
- Look at your older child's baby pictures together.
- Read books about bringing a new baby into the family.
- Spend time visiting friends who have babies.
- Let your child help pack a bag for the hospital.
- Let your child help think of names for the new baby.
- Have your child go to the doctor with you and listen to the baby's heartbeat.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.