(HealthDay News) -- Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can cause symptoms including pain and stiffness in the joints, body aches, fever, a rash on the skin and impaired cognitive function.
The National Women's Health Information Center offers these suggestions to help control lupus symptoms:
- See your doctor regularly.
- Establish priorities and goals to better balance your life.
- Minimize your exposure to sunlight and light from halogen and fluorescent bulbs.
- Learn how to reduce and manage stress.
- Eat a healthy diet, get plenty of sleep and exercise when your doctor approves.
- Create or join a network of support people.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.