(HealthDay News) -- Little else feels better than a good foot massage or stretch.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers these suggestions for keeping your feet happy and healthy:
- Stretch your arch, either by placing a towel around the ball of your foot and gently pulling with your hands, or by standing in front of a wall and slightly leaning forward until you feel your arches stretch.
- Strengthen toes by placing a toe separator between them and squeezing toes together for five seconds; do it 10 times. Or, wrap toes with a rubber band and spread against the resistance.
- Grab a golf ball or other similar-sized ball, and place it on the floor under your bare feet. Gently roll it around under your feet.
- Stand up on the balls of your feet and hold for five seconds; do this 10 times.
- Stand with feet flat, then one at a time lift your heel from the floor and roll weight into the ball of your with your toes pointing down. Flex your foot, hold, and repeat on each foot.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.