(HealthDay News) -- With all of the choices for athletic shoes, how do you make sure you're buying the right pair?
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions:
- Try on athletic shoes later in the day or post-workout, when your feet are their largest.
- Try on shoes with appropriate socks that you'll wear during your sport or activity.
- Make sure you can easily wiggle your toes while wearing the shoes.
- Walk around or even run a couple of steps in the store while wearing the shoes.
- Lace the shoes properly when you try them on, starting at the top and tightening evenly as you lace them.
- Your heel should fit firmly inside the shoe without slipping.
- Choose shoes that are specific to a sport if you play it at least three times weekly.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.