(HealthDay News) -- Before you raise your glass for a holiday toast, remember that alcohol is best consumed in moderation.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions for holiday drinking:
- Drink only in moderate amounts, and sip it slowly over a long period.
- Always drink alcohol along with some food, not before you've eaten.
- If you're taking any medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, make sure it is safe to drink alcohol at the same time.
- Never drive after drinking alcohol.
- Never drink alcohol when you are pregnant, underage, or have a history of alcohol abuse.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.