(HealthDay News) -- Rashes can occur for various reasons, including medical conditions and reactions to products, foods or medications.
Here are suggestions on how to care for your skin during a rash, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Don't scrub your skin.
- Try not to use soap, but a mild cleanser instead.
- Wash skin with warm -- not hot -- water, and gently pat it dry.
- Don't cover the rash with cosmetic lotions or ointments.
- If you've recently tried any new cosmetics or lotions, stop using them.
- Expose the rash to the air as much as possible.