(HealthDay News) -- With all of the physical, emotional and hormonal changes in their lives, some teens are especially prone to depression.
Here are factors that could trigger depression in teens, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Undergoing a particularly stressful event, such as the death of a family member or parental divorce.
- Being physically or sexually abused as a child.
- Having a lack of social skills.
- Having a chronic illness.
- Living with another family member who suffers from depression.