(HealthDay News) -- Pregnant women may have questions about whether it's safe to paint the baby's nursery -- or the entire house -- during pregnancy.
You should talk to your doctor first, but here are some safety suggestions, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Generally, it's safest to avoid painting while you're pregnant.
- Always talk to your doctor before you attempt to paint anything or use any type of paint.
- If you do paint, always wear a face mask and protective clothing to guard your skin. Also, keep the area well-ventilated.
- Paint for short periods over several days. Don't do too much or paint too frequently.
- Avoid latex paints that contain the chemicals ethylene glycol ethers or biocides.