(HealthDay News) -- Dieting doesn't mean that you have to completely give up desserts. It just means that you should opt for healthier alternatives.
The American Diabetes Association offers these dessert options when you're dieting or trying to watch your sugar and fat intake:
- Try fresh or dried fruits to soothe your sweet tooth.
- Have only a small portion of one of your favorite desserts.
- When ordering at a restaurant, choose a dessert to share with the people accompanying you.
- When baking, reduce the amount of fat and sugar you use in your recipes.
- Choose low-fat and low-sugar alternatives to your favorite desserts.