(HealthDay News) -- Most babies typically stick to a diet of formula or breast milk up until about 4-to-6 months of age. When she's ready to start to add solid foods to her diet, she'll give you some signs to let you know.
Here are some signs your baby may be ready for solid food, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- She is now double her birth weight.
- She can support her own head and neck well.
- With some help, she is beginning to sit up.
- Expressing that she is full by closing her mouth or turning her head away from the food.
- Expressing an interest in solid foods that other people are eating.