(HealthDay News) -- Starting an exercise routine isn't the hardest part -- sticking with it is. After a few days or weeks of exercise, you may be tempted to start skipping days, and before you know it, you're not exercising regularly. But there are things you can do to keep yourself motivated.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions:
- If you enjoy exercise, you're more likely to do it. Choose a class, sport or activity that you like, or work out while listening to music or watching TV.
- Find a workout buddy to motivate you and make exercising more social.
- Figure out the time of day you enjoy exercising most, and plan it then.
- Don't push yourself too hard, and if you're in pain, slow it down or take a break.
- Exercise doesn't have to be a dull routine. Instead, choose a variety of exercises that you like, and alternate them.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.