(HealthDay News) -- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a chronic illness of the digestive tract. There are two main types: Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services says.
The agency offers these suggestions to help keep IBD under control:
- Take certain nutritional supplements. Discuss options with your doctor.
- Reduce the amount of dairy products in your diet.
- Eat a low-fat diet recommended by your doctor.
- Stay away from foods high in undigestible fiber, as well as highly seasoned foods.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.