(HealthDay News) -- Diabetes can make it more difficult to fight off gum disease, and in some cases, can make gum disease worse.
The American Diabetes Association says you should see if your dentist if you have any of these warning signs of gum disease.
- Gums that bleed when you floss or brush.
- Soreness, swelling or redness of the gums, or persistent bad breath.
- Gums that have receded from the teeth.
- Pus forming between the teeth and gums.
- Teeth that seem loose or like you are able to move them.
- Any change in your bite, or the way that dentures fit.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.