(HealthDay News) -- Most diabetics can eat an occasional dessert, but moderation is key, the American Diabetes Association says.
It offers these suggestions to help diabetics enjoy desserts safely:
- Try fresh fruits, especially those in season.
- Adjust pie and cobbler recipes to include less sugar and fat.
- Cut down on carbohydrates as much as possible.
- Allow yourself only a very small portion of dessert.
- Keep sweets only for special occasions.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.