(HealthDay News) -- Maintaining the pounds you've lost through diet and exercise involves watching what you eat, and how much.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Plan on four or more daily servings of whole grains -- including whole wheat breads, pastas, crackers and cereals. Servings should be spread throughout the day.
- Get five or more servings each day of fruits and vegetables, which may include frozen, dried or canned fruits and veggies.
- Keep protein servings to two or three per day, and stick to lean proteins such as skinless chicken or turkey, eggs, fish or dried beans.
- Have at least two servings of low-fat dairy foods, such as milk, yogurt or cheese. If you're pregnant or breast-feeding, raise the amount to three or four servings per day.
- Limit fats, oils and sweets to only a small amount each day.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.