- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Temple University Hospital
- Hahnemann University Hospital (tie)
- Pennsylvania Hospital (tie)
The metro-area rankings take into account whether a hospital is among the best nationally in any medical specialty and also whether the hospital performs well in just one specialty, several, or many. (Read how the metro-area hospitals were ranked.)
If you need care in a particular specialty out of the 16 covered by the rankings, consider not only each hospital's overall rank in its metro area but also whether it is high-performing in that specialty. After all, a Best Hospital is only the right hospital if it excels in the kind of care you need.