Because idiopathic scoliosis is not typically associated with pain or neurological symptoms, it may go unnoticed. Parents should watch for the following signs in their child starting at the age of 8.
- Disparity in shoulder height
- Head not centered with body
- Difference in height or position of hips
- Lack of symmetry in shoulder blades
- Arms hang differently beside body when standing straight
Last reviewed on 01/03/2008
U.S. News's featured content providers were not involved in the selection of advertisers appearing on this website, and the placement of such advertisement in no way implies that these content providers endorse the products and services advertised. Disclaimer and a note about your health.