U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Urology

These are the 50 top-ranked centers for children with serious urological conditions. Bloodstream infections from urinary catheters, nurse staffing and patient volume were among the factors making up 75 percent of the score, based mostly on data from a U.S. News survey of children's hospitals. The other 25 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric urologists surveyed in 2011, 2012 and 2013 recommended the hospital.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 21–30 of 50

Rank Hospital U.S. News Score Reputation with specialists Minimizing surgical complications Prevention of urinary tract infections Use of infection-preventing measures Urology patient volume Surgery volume
#18

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA

69.0 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 6.5%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Significant

50

Score: 12

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 2

Significant: 2 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

Very high

100

Score: 15

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

High

75

Score: 18

High: 16 to 18 out of 20

#3

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

Cincinnati, OH

95.0 / 100

Very strong

100

Score: 52.0%

Very strong: 50.0% and above

Significant

50

Score: 13

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 2

Significant: 2 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

Very high

100

Score: 19

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

Average

50

Score: 13

Average: 11 to 15 out of 20

#21

Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital

Cleveland, OH

67.7 / 100

None

0.1

Score: 0.0%

Superior

100

Score: 18

Superior: 17 or 18 out of 18

Very good

75

Score: 3

Very good: 3 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

High

75

Score: 13

High: 12 or 13 out of 24

Low

5

Score: 3

Low: 1 to 10 out of 20

#42

Duke Children's Hospital and Health Center

51.5 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.3%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Significant

50

Score: 11

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 2

Significant: 2 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

Average

50

Score: 11

Average: 10 or 11 out of 24

Low

5

Score: 8

Low: 1 to 10 out of 20

#30

Helen DeVos Children's Hospital

Grand Rapids, MI

56.9 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 0.3%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Very good

75

Score: 15

Very good: 15 or 16 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 2

Significant: 2 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

High

75

Score: 12

High: 12 or 13 out of 24

Low

5

Score: 7

Low: 1 to 10 out of 20

#7

Johns Hopkins Children's Center

Baltimore, MD

82.2 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 29.4%

Strong: 15%-​49.9%

Significant

50

Score: 14

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 2

Significant: 2 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

Average

50

Score: 11

Average: 10 or 11 out of 24

Low

5

Score: 10

Low: 1 to 10 out of 20

#38

Mayo Clinic Children's Center

Rochester, MN

53.6 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 3.2%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Very good

75

Score: 15

Very good: 15 or 16 out of 18

Modest

25

Score: 1

Modest: 1 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

Very high

100

Score: 16

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

Low

5

Score: 9

Low: 1 to 10 out of 20

#48

Primary Children's Medical Center

Salt Lake City, UT

48.7 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 3.5%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Modest

25

Score: 10

Modest: 1 to 10 out of 18

Modest

25

Score: 1

Modest: 1 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

High

75

Score: 13

High: 12 or 13 out of 24

Average

50

Score: 14

Average: 11 to 15 out of 20

#5

Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health

Indianapolis, IN

90.4 / 100

Very strong

100

Score: 66.0%

Very strong: 50.0% and above

Significant

50

Score: 14

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Modest

25

Score: 1

Modest: 1 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

Very high

100

Score: 20

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

Average

50

Score: 14

Average: 11 to 15 out of 20

#18

Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle, WA

69.0 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 34.0%

Strong: 15%-​49.9%

Modest

25

Score: 10

Modest: 1 to 10 out of 18

Modest

25

Score: 1

Modest: 1 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

High

75

Score: 13

High: 12 or 13 out of 24

Average

50

Score: 11

Average: 11 to 15 out of 20

<1 2 3 4 5>

Disclaimer and a note about your health