U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Urology

These are the 50 top-ranked centers for children with serious urological conditions. Bloodstream infections from urinary catheters, nurse staffing and patient volume were among the kinds of data, collected from a detailed U.S. News survey of children's hospitals, that produced 83.3 percent of each hospital's score. The other 16.7 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric urologists responding to surveys in 2012, 2013 and 2014 recommended the hospital for serious cases.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 11–20 of 50

Rank Hospital U.S. News Specialty Score Reputation with specialists Minimizing surgical complications Prevention of urinary tract infections Use of infection-preventing measures Patient volume Surgery volume
#11

Mayo Clinic Children's Center

Rochester, MN

77.3 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 3.8%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Very good

75

Score: 15

Very good: 15 or 16 out of 18

Very good

75

Score: 5

Very good: 5 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 19

Very good: 16 to 19 out of 21

Very high

100

Score: 17

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

Average

50

Score: 11

Average: 10 to 14 out of 19

#12

UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital

San Francisco, CA

76.8 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 12.9%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Significant

50

Score: 14

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 4

Significant: 3 or 4 out of 5

Superior

100

Score: 20

Superior: 20 or 21 out of 21

High

75

Score: 12

High: 12 or 13 out of 24

Low

5

Score: 8

Low: 1 to 9 out of 19

#13

Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital

Cleveland, OH

75.4 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.2%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Superior

100

Score: 18

Superior: 17 or 18 out of 18

Very good

75

Score: 5

Very good: 5 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 18

Very good: 16 to 19 out of 21

High

75

Score: 12

High: 12 or 13 out of 24

Low

5

Score: 8

Low: 1 to 9 out of 19

#14

Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC

Pittsburgh, PA

75.2 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 12.2%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Significant

50

Score: 11

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 4

Significant: 3 or 4 out of 5

Superior

100

Score: 21

Superior: 20 or 21 out of 21

Very high

100

Score: 16

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

High

75

Score: 17

High: 15, 16 or 17 out of 19

#15

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Atlanta, GA

74.6 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 15.5%

Strong: 15%-​49.9%

Significant

50

Score: 12

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 4

Significant: 3 or 4 out of 5

Superior

100

Score: 20

Superior: 20 or 21 out of 21

Very high

100

Score: 19

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

High

75

Score: 15

High: 15, 16 or 17 out of 19

#15

Children's National Medical Center

Washington, DC

74.6 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 21.2%

Strong: 15%-​49.9%

Significant

50

Score: 12

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 3

Significant: 3 or 4 out of 5

Superior

100

Score: 20

Superior: 20 or 21 out of 21

Very high

100

Score: 17

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

Average

50

Score: 12

Average: 10 to 14 out of 19

#17

St. Louis Children's Hospital-​Washington University

Saint Louis, MO

73.7 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 6.4%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Significant

50

Score: 14

Significant: 11 to 14 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 4

Significant: 3 or 4 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 16 to 19 out of 21

High

75

Score: 12

High: 12 or 13 out of 24

Average

50

Score: 12

Average: 10 to 14 out of 19

#18

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin

Milwaukee, WI

72.7 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 2.6%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Modest

25

Score: 10

Modest: 1 to 10 out of 18

Very good

75

Score: 5

Very good: 5 out of 5

Superior

100

Score: 21

Superior: 20 or 21 out of 21

Very high

100

Score: 21

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

High

75

Score: 17

High: 15, 16 or 17 out of 19

#18

Duke Children's Hospital and Health Center

72.7 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 3.1%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Very good

75

Score: 16

Very good: 15 or 16 out of 18

Very good

75

Score: 5

Very good: 5 out of 5

Superior

100

Score: 20

Superior: 20 or 21 out of 21

High

75

Score: 12

High: 12 or 13 out of 24

Low

5

Score: 8

Low: 1 to 9 out of 19

#20

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA

71.8 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 9.2%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Modest

25

Score: 10

Modest: 1 to 10 out of 18

Significant

50

Score: 4

Significant: 3 or 4 out of 5

Superior

100

Score: 21

Superior: 20 or 21 out of 21

Very high

100

Score: 16

Very high: 14 or 24 out of 24

High

75

Score: 17

High: 15, 16 or 17 out of 19

<1 2 3 4 5>

Disclaimer and a note about your health