U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Pulmonology

These are the 50 top-ranked centers for children with serious respiratory problems. Successful management of asthma, cystic fibrosis and muscular dystrophy were among the kinds of data, collected from a detailed U.S. News survey of children's hospitals, that produced 83.3 percent of each hospital's score. The other 16.7 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric pulmonologists responding to surveys in 2012, 2013 and 2014 recommended the hospital.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 21–30 of 50

Rank Hospital U.S. News Specialty Score Reputation with specialists Success with asthma inpatients Management of cystic fibrosis patients Prevention of ICU infections Use of infection-preventing measures Patient volume
#10

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford

Palo Alto, CA

85.7 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 19.5%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 10

Very good: 9, 10 or 11 out of 13

Significant

50

Score: 7

Significant: 5, 6 or 7 out of 10

Superior

100

Score: 37

Superior: 36, 37 or 38 out of 38

High

75

Score: 18

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#19

New York-​Presbyterian Morgan Stanley-​Komansky Children's Hospital

New York, NY

76.9 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 10.5%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 10

Very good: 9, 10 or 11 out of 13

Significant

50

Score: 5

Significant: 5, 6 or 7 out of 10

Superior

100

Score: 37

Superior: 36, 37 or 38 out of 38

High

75

Score: 18

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#13

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA

79.7 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 17.2%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Significant

50

Score: 8

Significant: 5 to 8 out of 13

Significant

50

Score: 7

Significant: 5, 6 or 7 out of 10

Superior

100

Score: 38

Superior: 36, 37 or 38 out of 38

High

75

Score: 17

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#24

Children's Hospital of Orange County

Orange, CA

73.1 / 100

None

0.1

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Superior

100

Score: 12

Superior: 12 or 13 out of 13

Superior

100

Score: 10

Superior: 10 out of 10

Very good

75

Score: 35

Very good: 26 to 35 out of 38

High

75

Score: 17

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#37

Le Bonheur Children's Hospital

Memphis, TN

66.7 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 2.1%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Significant

50

Score: 7

Significant: 5 to 8 out of 13

Very good

75

Score: 9

Very good: 8 or 9 out of 10

Very good

75

Score: 33

Very good: 26 to 35 out of 38

High

75

Score: 17

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#22

Rady Children's Hospital

San Diego, CA

74.8 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.8%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 10

Very good: 9, 10 or 11 out of 13

Superior

100

Score: 10

Superior: 10 out of 10

Superior

100

Score: 37

Superior: 36, 37 or 38 out of 38

High

75

Score: 17

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#8

St. Louis Children's Hospital-​Washington University

Saint Louis, MO

88.8 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 35.5%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Significant

50

Score: 8

Significant: 5 to 8 out of 13

Very good

75

Score: 8

Very good: 8 or 9 out of 10

Very good

75

Score: 33

Very good: 26 to 35 out of 38

High

75

Score: 17

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#32

University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital

Ann Arbor, MI

68.4 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 5.2%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Significant

50

Score: 3

Significant: 3 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 11

Very good: 9, 10 or 11 out of 13

Significant

50

Score: 6

Significant: 5, 6 or 7 out of 10

Superior

100

Score: 36

Superior: 36, 37 or 38 out of 38

High

75

Score: 17

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#41

Akron Children's Hospital

Akron, OH

65.4 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.5%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 10

Very good: 9, 10 or 11 out of 13

Very good

75

Score: 8

Very good: 8 or 9 out of 10

Very good

75

Score: 34

Very good: 26 to 35 out of 38

High

75

Score: 16

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

#32

Children's Hospital of Michigan

Detroit, MI

68.4 / 100

None

0.1

Superior

100

Score: 5

Superior: 5 out of 5

Very good

75

Score: 10

Very good: 9, 10 or 11 out of 13

Very good

75

Score: 9

Very good: 8 or 9 out of 10

Very good

75

Score: 31

Very good: 26 to 35 out of 38

High

75

Score: 16

High: 16 to 20 out of 24

<1 2 3 4 5>

Disclaimer and a note about your health