U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Orthopedics

These are the 50 top-ranked orthopedic centers for children. Success with complex fractures, surgical complications and infection prevention were among the kinds of data, collected from a detailed U.S. News survey of children's hospitals, that produced 83.3 percent of each hospital's score. The other 16.7 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric orthopedists responding to surveys in 2012, 2013 and 2014 recommended the hospital for serious cases.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 21–30 of 50

Rank Hospital U.S. News Specialty Score Reputation with specialists Speed and success with complex fractures Preventing surgical complications Use of infection-preventing measures Patient volume
#15

Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital

Cleveland, OH

81.6 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 3.4%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

High

75

Score: 6

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Superior

100

Score: 12

Superior: 11 or 12 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 23

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

High

75

Score: 26

High: 21 to 29 out of 33

#30

Doernbecher Children's Hospital at Oregon Health and Science University

Portland, OR

74.4 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.7%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

High

75

Score: 6

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Superior

100

Score: 12

Superior: 11 or 12 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 14

Average: 11 to 20 out of 33

#26

Duke Children's Hospital and Health Center

76.8 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.0%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

High

75

Score: 6

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Superior

100

Score: 12

Superior: 11 or 12 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 25

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 15

Average: 11 to 20 out of 33

#23

Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare

Saint Paul, MN

77.6 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 7.1%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

High

75

Score: 6

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Very good

75

Score: 10

Very good: 9 or 10 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 25

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

High

75

Score: 26

High: 21 to 29 out of 33

#30

Johns Hopkins Children's Center

Baltimore, MD

74.4 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 9.9%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Average

50

Score: 4

Average: 3 or 4 out of 6

Very good

75

Score: 9

Very good: 9 or 10 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 20

Average: 11 to 20 out of 33

#34

Le Bonheur Children's Hospital

Memphis, TN

73.4 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 4.7%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

High

75

Score: 5

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Superior

100

Score: 12

Superior: 11 or 12 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 23

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

High

75

Score: 21

High: 21 to 29 out of 33

#47

Levine Children's Hospital

68.6 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 2.2%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

High

75

Score: 5

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Superior

100

Score: 12

Superior: 11 or 12 out of 12

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 17 to 22 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 11

Average: 11 to 20 out of 33

#27

Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA

Los Angeles, CA

76.1 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 4.6%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

High

75

Score: 5

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Superior

100

Score: 12

Superior: 11 or 12 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 25

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 13

Average: 11 to 20 out of 33

#46

Mayo Clinic Children's Center

Rochester, MN

69.0 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 5.0%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

High

75

Score: 6

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Significant

50

Score: 6

Significant: 5 to 8 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 24

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 14

Average: 11 to 20 out of 33

#18

Miami Children's Hospital

Miami, FL

79.5 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.6%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

High

75

Score: 6

High: 5 or 6 out of 6

Superior

100

Score: 12

Superior: 11 or 12 out of 12

Superior

100

Score: 25

Superior: 23 to 26 out of 26

High

75

Score: 23

High: 21 to 29 out of 33

<1 2 3 4 5>

Disclaimer and a note about your health