U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Neurology & Neurosurgery

These are the 50 top-ranked centers for children with serious neurological problems. Surgical survival, parent and family involvement and clinical research were among the factors making up 75 percent of the score, based mostly on data from a U.S. News survey of children's hospitals. The other 25 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric neurologists and neurosurgeons surveyed in 2011, 2012 and 2013 recommended the hospital.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 1–10 of 50

Rank Hospital U.S. News Score Reputation with specialists Surgical survival Prevention of surgical complications Management of epilepsy patients Use of infection-preventing measures Surgery volume
#5

Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago

89.6 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 18.2%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

Very high

100

Score: 16

Very high: 15 or 16 out of 16

Very high

100

Score: 8

Very high: 7 or 8 out of 8

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

Very high

100

Score: 31

Very high: 30 to 33 out of 33

#1

Boston Children's Hospital

100.0 / 100

Very strong

100

Score: 78.9%

Very strong: 50.0% and above

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

High

75

Score: 13

High: 11 to 14 out of 16

High

75

Score: 6

High: 5 or 6 out 8

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

Very high

100

Score: 30

Very high: 30 to 33 out of 33

#3

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

91.7 / 100

Very strong

100

Score: 60.8%

Very strong: 50.0% and above

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

High

75

Score: 12

High: 11 to 14 out of 16

High

75

Score: 5

High: 5 or 6 out 8

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

Very high

100

Score: 30

Very high: 30 to 33 out of 33

#10

Miami Children's Hospital

81.5 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 16.3%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

Very high

100

Score: 16

Very high: 15 or 16 out of 16

High

75

Score: 5

High: 5 or 6 out 8

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

High

75

Score: 24

High: 23 to 29 out of 33

#14

Nationwide Children's Hospital

77.2 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 10.8%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

Very high

100

Score: 15

Very high: 15 or 16 out of 16

High

75

Score: 5

High: 5 or 6 out 8

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 19

Average: 16 to 22 out of 33

#26

Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children's Medical Center

67.0 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 0.8%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

Very high

100

Score: 16

Very high: 15 or 16 out of 16

Very high

100

Score: 7

Very high: 7 or 8 out of 8

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

High

75

Score: 26

High: 23 to 29 out of 33

#30

University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital

66.0 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 4.3%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

Very high

100

Score: 15

Very high: 15 or 16 out of 16

High

75

Score: 5

High: 5 or 6 out 8

Superior

100

Score: 26

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 17

Average: 16 to 22 out of 33

#28

Akron Children's Hospital

66.3 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 0.9%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

High

75

Score: 12

High: 11 to 14 out of 16

Very high

100

Score: 8

Very high: 7 or 8 out of 8

Superior

100

Score: 25

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

Average

50

Score: 17

Average: 16 to 22 out of 33

#34

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

62.3 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 3.4%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

High

75

Score: 13

High: 11 to 14 out of 16

High

75

Score: 5

High: 5 or 6 out 8

Superior

100

Score: 25

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

Very high

100

Score: 30

Very high: 30 to 33 out of 33

#23

Children's Hospital of Michigan

68.6 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 0.8%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

Very high

100

Score: 15

Very high: 15 or 16 out of 16

Very high

100

Score: 7

Very high: 7 or 8 out of 8

Superior

100

Score: 25

Superior: 25 to 26 out of 26

High

75

Score: 23

High: 23 to 29 out of 33

1 2 3 .. 5>

Disclaimer and a note about your health