U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Nephrology

These are the 50 top-ranked centers for children with serious kidney disorders. Survival following kidney transplant, biopsy complications and overall infection prevention were among the kinds of data, collected from a detailed U.S. News survey of children's hospitals, that produced 83.3 percent of each hospital's score. The other 16.7 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric nephrologists responding to surveys in 2012, 2013 and 2014 recommended the hospital for serious cases.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 51–51 of 51

Rank Hospital U.S. News Specialty Score Reputation with specialists Kidney transplant survival Preventing biopsy complications Use of infection-preventing measures Prevention of ICU infections Prevention of dialysis-related infections Patient volume
#50

Stony Brook Long Island Children's Hospital

Stony Brook, NY

59.6 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 3.6%

Significant: 3.0%-‚Äč14.9%

Very high

100

Score: 23

Very high: 23 or 24 out of 24

High

100

Score: 3

High: 3 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 39

Very good: 37 to 42 out of 46

Modest

25

Score: 3

Modest: 1 to 4 out of 10

Very high

100

Score: 12

Very high: 11 or 12 out of 12

Average

50

Score: 19

Average: 19 to 26 out of 36

<1 .. 4 5 6

Disclaimer and a note about your health