U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Neonatology

These are the 50 top-ranked neonatal centers. Nurse staffing in neonatal intensive care units, ability to prevent bloodstream infections and patient volume were among the factors making up 75 percent of the score, based mostly on data from a U.S. News survey of children's hospitals. The other 25 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric neonatologists surveyed in 2011, 2012 and 2013 recommended the hospital.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 41–50 of 50

Rank Hospital U.S. News Score Reputation with specialists Prevention of ICU infections Use of infection-preventing measures Neonatal patient volume Nurse-patient ratio Advanced clinical services
#45

SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center

Saint Louis, MO

47.2 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.7%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Superior

100

Score: 3

Superior: 3 out of 3

Significant

50

Score: 14

Significant: 8 to 14 out of 19

Average

50

Score: 12

Average: 10 to 13 out of 21

Average

50

Score: 2.4

Average: 2.3-​2.5

All

100

Score: 4

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#37

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Philadelphia, PA

51.5 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 2.1%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Superior

100

Score: 3

Superior: 3 out of 3

Superior

100

Score: 19

Superior: 18 or 19 out of 19

Low

5

Score: 5

Low: 1 to 9 out of 21

Below average

25

Score: 2.1

Below average: 2.0-​2.2

All

100

Score: 5

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#30

Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children's Medical Center

New Hyde Park, NY

55.8 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 0.8%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Superior

100

Score: 3

Superior: 3 out of 3

Superior

100

Score: 19

Superior: 18 or 19 out of 19

High

75

Score: 16

High: 14 to 17 out of 21

Average

50

Score: 2.3

Average: 2.3-​2.5

All

100

Score: 5

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#3

St. Louis Children's Hospital-​Washington University

Saint Louis, MO

82.2 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 20.7%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Superior

100

Score: 3

Superior: 3 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

High

75

Score: 16

High: 14 to 17 out of 21

Superior

100

Score: 3.2

Superior: 3.1 and above

All

100

Score: 5

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#17

Texas Children's Hospital

Houston, TX

71.1 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 36.2%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Very good

75

Score: 2

Very good: 2 out of 3

Superior

100

Score: 19

Superior: 18 or 19 out of 19

Very high

100

Score: 18

Very high: 18 to 21 out of 21

Superior

100

Score: 3.1

Superior: 3.1 and above

All

100

Score: 5

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#26

UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital

San Francisco, CA

57.5 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 13.6%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Very good

75

Score: 2

Very good: 2 out of 3

Very good

75

Score: 17

Very good: 15 to 17 out of 19

High

75

Score: 17

High: 14 to 17 out of 21

Superior

100

Score: 3.2

Superior: 3.1 and above

All

100

Score: 4

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#40

University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital

Chicago, IL

50.2 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 1.6%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Superior

100

Score: 3

Superior: 3 out of 3

Significant

50

Score: 10

Significant: 8 to 14 out of 19

Average

50

Score: 10

Average: 10 to 13 out of 21

Good

75

Score: 2.7

Good: 2.6-​3.0

All

100

Score: 5

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#42

University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital

Ann Arbor, MI

49.0 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 8.9%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Very good

75

Score: 2

Very good: 2 out of 3

Superior

100

Score: 19

Superior: 18 or 19 out of 19

High

75

Score: 15

High: 14 to 17 out of 21

Superior

100

Score: 3.1

Superior: 3.1 and above

All

100

Score: 5

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#31

University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital

Minneapolis, MN

55.4 / 100

Significant

50

Score: 3.1%

Significant: 3.0%-​14.9%

Superior

100

Score: 3

Superior: 3 out of 3

Significant

50

Score: 13

Significant: 8 to 14 out of 19

Average

50

Score: 12

Average: 10 to 13 out of 21

Good

75

Score: 2.6

Good: 2.6-​3.0

All

100

Score: 4

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

#49

Wolfson Children's Hospital

Jacksonville, FL

45.4 / 100

None

0.1

Score: 0.0%

Superior

100

Score: 3

Superior: 3 out of 3

Significant

50

Score: 9

Significant: 8 to 14 out of 19

Low

5

Score: 8

Low: 1 to 9 out of 21

Inadequate

5

Score: 1.9

Inadequate: below 2.0

All

100

Score: 4

All: 4 or 5 out of 5

<1 .. 3 4 5

Disclaimer and a note about your health