U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery

These are the 50 top-ranked centers for children with serious digestive disorders. Clinical research, liver transplant survival and patient volume were among the factors making up 75 percent of the score, based mostly on data from a U.S. News survey of children's hospitals. The other 25 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric liver specialists surveyed in 2011, 2012 and 2013 recommended the hospital.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 31–40 of 50

National Rank Hospital U.S. News Score
#31

Children's Hospital of Alabama at UAB

Birmingham, AL

60.6 / 100
#32

Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt

Nashville, TN

59.5 / 100
#32

University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital

Minneapolis, MN

59.5 / 100
#34

Shands Hospital for Children at the University of Florida

Gainesville, FL

58.6 / 100

Featured Sponsor

#35

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin

Milwaukee, WI

57.9 / 100
#36

University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital

Chicago, IL

57.7 / 100
#37

American Family Children's Hospital

Madison, WI

57.5 / 100
#37

Primary Children's Medical Center

Salt Lake City, UT

57.5 / 100
#39

Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital

Charleston, SC

56.5 / 100
#40

Rush Children's Hospital

Chicago, IL

56.4 / 100

<1 2 3 4 5>

Hospital Search

The Methodology & Awards

Gold — Nationally Ranked: hospitals that excel in difficult cases in one or more specialties.

Silver — High-Performing: hospitals in the tier just below nationally ranked Best Hospitals.

Best Hospitals FAQ

Follow U.S. News Health

Like Us On Facebook