U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals

Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Diabetes & Endocrinology

These are the 50 top-ranked centers for children with serious diabetes or endocrine disorders. Management of diabetes, infection prevention and wide-ranging diabetes treatment options were among the kinds of data, collected from a detailed U.S. News survey of children's hospitals, that produced 83.3 percent of each hospital's score. The other 16.7 percent reflects how many of 450 pediatric diabetes specialists responding to surveys in 2012, 2013 and 2014 recommended the hospital for serious cases.

How We Rank Children's Hospitals

See All Specialty Rankings

Showing 11–20 of 51

Rank Hospital U.S. News Specialty Score Reputation with specialists Management of diabetic patients Use of infection-preventing measures Patient volume Nursing intensity
#42

University of Iowa Children's Hospital

Iowa City, IA

63.3 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 2.0%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Very good

75

Score: 22

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Superior

100

Score: 23

Superior: 22 to 25 out of 25

Average

50

Score: 28

Average: 16 to 30 out of 48

Good

75

Score: 2.9

Good: 2.6-​3.0

#18

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

72.3 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 2.1%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Superior

100

Score: 23

Superior: 22 to 25 out of 25

Very high

100

Score: 46

Very high: 41 to 48 out of 48

Superior

100

Score: 3.7

Superior: 3.1 and above

#5

Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC

86.9 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 36.0%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Superior

100

Score: 24

Superior: 22 to 25 out of 25

High

75

Score: 37

High: 31 to 40 out of 48

Superior

100

Score: 3.3

Superior: 3.1 and above

#24

Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford

69.3 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 20.2%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Superior

100

Score: 23

Superior: 22 to 25 out of 25

Average

50

Score: 27

Average: 16 to 30 out of 48

Superior

100

Score: 3.4

Superior: 3.1 and above

#23

Nemours Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children

69.4 / 100

None

0.1

Score: 0.0%

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Superior

100

Score: 22

Superior: 22 to 25 out of 25

Average

50

Score: 29

Average: 16 to 30 out of 48

Superior

100

Score: 3.5

Superior: 3.1 and above

#8

Texas Children's Hospital

80.6 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 24.9%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Superior

100

Score: 22

Superior: 22 to 25 out of 25

Very high

100

Score: 42

Very high: 41 to 48 out of 48

Good

75

Score: 3.0

Good: 2.6-​3.0

#10

UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital

80.3 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 16.9%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Superior

100

Score: 23

Superior: 22 to 25 out of 25

Average

50

Score: 22

Average: 16 to 30 out of 48

Superior

100

Score: 3.7

Superior: 3.1 and above

#39

University of Minnesota Children's Hospital

63.8 / 100

Modest

25

Score: 2.0%

Modest: 0.1%-​2.9%

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Very good

75

Score: 18

Very good: 17 to 21 out of 25

Average

50

Score: 30

Average: 16 to 30 out of 48

Good

75

Score: 2.8

Good: 2.6-​3.0

#48

Baystate Children's Hospital

61.0 / 100

None

0.1

Score: 0.0%

Very good

75

Score: 20

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Very good

75

Score: 18

Very good: 17 to 21 out of 25

Average

50

Score: 22

Average: 16 to 30 out of 48

Average

50

Score: 2.4

Average: 2.3-​2.5

#4

Children's Hospital Colorado

87.9 / 100

Strong

75

Score: 43.7%

Strong: 15.0%-​49.9%

Very good

75

Score: 20

Very good: 19 to 22 out of 26

Very good

75

Score: 21

Very good: 17 to 21 out of 25

High

75

Score: 38

High: 31 to 40 out of 48

Good

75

Score: 2.6

Good: 2.6-​3.0

<1 2 3 4 .. 6>

Disclaimer and a note about your health