Profile for Professionals
Renowned for its outstanding clinical services, research programs and medical education, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC has helped establish the standards of excellence in pediatric care. From Ambulatory Care to Transplantation and Cardiac Care, talented and committed pediatric experts care for infants, children and adolescents who make more than 1,000,000 visits to Children's, its many neighborhood locations, and Children's Community Pediatrics practices each year.
Children's by the Numbers (FY 2011)
- 13,687 inpatient stays
- 4,575 observation stays
- 77,376 Emergency Department visits
- 25,047 surgeries
- More than 1 million outpatient visits
- is one of 12 pediatric hospitals in the United States named to the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of Best Children's Hospitals for 2012-13.
- has one of the fastest growing, National Institutes of Health-funded pediatric research programs in the country. Pediatric research programs at Children's Hospital and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine ranked eighth in number of grants from the NIH for fiscal year 2010.
- leads the way in advanced technology as the first pediatric hospital in this country to achieve Stage 7 recognition from HIMSS Analytics for its electronic medical record.
- has been recognized by KLAS, an independent health care research organization, as the number one pediatric hospital in its use of health care information technology.
Children’s Hospital has been in its 10-acre home in Pittsburgh's Lawrenceville neighborhood since May 2009. Designed with input from physicians, nurses and families to ensure that patients receive care in a comfortable setting, the hospital is a benchmark for quality care built on five principles including: family-centered care, patient-safety and quality, technological sophistication, green campus and quiet building.
Clinical research is vital to solving many of today's health challenges, and Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is one of the leading sites in the United States for pediatric clinical studies.
Research & Resources
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is expanding the research frontier with new and innovative therapies for the cure of childhood disease and disability.
At Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC we are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all children through excellence in patient care, teaching and research. Children's employees are among the very best in their fields.
Continuing Medical Education
UPMC Physician Resources provides clinical and research information through continuing medical education programs, case studies, newsletters, and videos.
Referral & Patient Transfer
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is committed to providing patients with access to expert healthcare and to specialty services. Information related to referring and transferring patients can be found online./p>