Profile for Patients
Renowned for its outstanding clinical services, research programs and medical education, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC has helped establish the standards of excellence in pediatric care. From Ambulatory Care to Transplantation and Cardiac Care, talented and committed pediatric experts care for infants, children and adolescents who make more than 1,000,000 visits to Children's, its many neighborhood locations, and Children's Community Pediatrics practices each year.
Children's by the Numbers (FY 2010)
- 4,575 observation stays
- 77,376 Emergency Department visits
- 25,047 surgeries
- More than 1 million outpatient visits
- is one of 12 pediatric hospitals in the United States named to the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of Best Children's Hospitals for 2012-13.
- has one of the fastest growing, National Institutes of Health-funded pediatric research programs in the country. Pediatric research programs at Children's Hospital and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine ranked eighth in number of grants from the NIH for fiscal year 2010.
- leads the way in advanced technology as the fastest pediatric hospital in this country to achieve Stage 7 recognition from HIMSS Analytics for its electronic medical record.
- has been recognized by KLAS, an independent health care research organization, as the number one pediatric hospital in its use of health care information technology.
Children’s Hospital has been in its 10-acre home in Pittsburgh's Lawrenceville neighborhood since May 2009. Designed with input from physicians, nurses and families to ensure that patients receive care in a comfortable setting, the hospital is a benchmark for quality care built on five principles including: family-centered care, patient-safety and quality, technological sophistication, green campus and quiet building.
Billing & Insurance
To make things easy for patients, information about billing, including insurance information and processes, as well as contact information can be found online.
Reqest an Appointment
At Children's Hospital of UPMC, you can search for physicians, office locations, and request an appointment online.
At Children's Hospital of UPMC, we are committed to protecting the privacy of your medical information. Information about requesting medical records or releasing information can be found online.
Parking & Transportation
There are 1,400 garage parking spaces on the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC campus, and valet parking is also available when required. Learn more.
Children's is also highly accessible via public transportation, for details visit us here.
Located in Pittsburgh's Lawrenceville neighborhood, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is situated on 10 acres — 1.5 million square feet of usable space. Its design is based on input from physicians, nurses and families, for more information, visit us here.
Departments & Services
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is known nationally and internationally for helping establish the standards for excellence in pediatric medicine, for more information, visit us here.