Profile for Patients
Children's Hospital Colorado provides comprehensive medical care for kids from birth through adolescence. In addition to being the only pediatric Level 1 trauma center in the region, we treat virtually all conditions, minor and serious, that affect children.
Our physicians are experts in treating kids and understanding their special needs. They understand that a child's illness or injury, no matter how big or small, affects the entire family. Our doctors are pediatric specialists in a wide range of fields from pediatric emergency care to primary care. We also provide hospitalist services, with doctors solely dedicated to caring for kids during their hospital stay and maintaining communication with your primary care physician.
Key accomplishments by our physicians
- First demonstrated that inhaled nitric oxide (NO) therapy can cause sustained improvement in sick newborns with pulmonary hypertension, leading to FDA approval of the use of NO therapy for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- Discovered Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)
- First to scientifically describe “The Battered Child Syndrome,” founding one of the world’s first centers for child abuse and neglect at the University of Colorado, which today resides at Children’s
- First to demonstrate a successful state-wide newborn screening strategy for Cystic Fibrosis, leading Colorado to become the first state to adopt what is now standard practice throughout the United States
Departments and Services
- Heart Institute - More than 30 pediatric heart and heart surgery specialists offer nearly 20 programs for all kinds of congenital and acquired heart diseases, from fetal diagnosis through adulthood. State-of-the-art heart facilities support quality care and positive outcomes.
- Orthopedics Institute - Pediatric orthopedic, orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation medicine specialists offer integrated care for children and young adults with all types of bone, tissue or joint conditions. Specialty areas include Sports Medicine, Concussion, Spine, Tumor, and Cerebral Palsy.
- Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders - International leaders in cancer and blood disorders offer excellent pediatric bone marrow transplant outcomes; early clinical trials through the Experimental Therapeutics Program, COG and POETIC; and the only pediatric multidisciplinary neuro-oncology team in the Rocky Mountain region.
- Neuroscience Institute - Integrated teams from Neurology, Neurosurgery and Neurodevelopment Behavioral Pediatrics offer the following specialty services: Craniofacial Clinic, Neuro-Oncology Program, Spinal Defects Clinic and Epilepsy Program.
- Digestive Health Institute - Pediatric gastroenterologists and hepatologists offer extensive clinical and research programs in liver disease and transplantation, IBD, celiac disease, eosinophilic esophagitis and mucosal immunology, adolescent obesity and intestinal rehabilitation.
- Breathing Institute - One of the world's premier pediatric pulmonology programs, our team is internationally known for its clinical research leadership roles in caring for children with conditions including Cystic Fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension and rare lung diseases.
- Colorado Institute for Maternal and Fetal Health - Offering mothers, babies and their families unparalleled care and treatment before, during and after low- or high-risk pregnancies by combining the depth and breadth of services offered by University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and University of Colorado School of Medicine.
Billing & Insurance
Although your primary concern is your child’s health, unfortunately, worries about the financial side of healthcare and keeping track of your child’s medical information can follow quickly behind. Children’s Hospital Colorado is dedicated to helping you understand this process and make good decisions for you and your family.
Request an Appointment
It’s easy to schedule a routine appointment at any Children's Hospital Colorado location using our online appointment request form. If your child’s medical condition requires an urgent appointment, please call the hospital directly at (720) 777-1234.
Support & Therapy Groups
For kids, a stay in the hospital can be frightening, and often they're comforted by one thing only: their families. At Children’s Hospital Colorado, our staff recognizes that families are our partners in care, which is why we are committed to providing family-centered care. Our family services team is here to help make your family's visit to Children's Hospital Colorado the best it can be.
Our Health Information Management team is available to help you with questions you might have about obtaining a copy of your child’s medical records.
Parking & Transportation and Visitor Information
We understand. Going to the doctor's office or hospital can be an unsettling time for children and their family. Whether it’s trying to find the doctor’s office, knowing where to park, or making sure that you have all of your child's necessary medical records - keeping track of it all can be a challenge. However, we think that a little information before your visit can go a long way to making it easier on everyone.