Profile for Professionals
Cedars-Sinai, an independent nonprofit academic healthcare organization, is known for providing the highest quality patient care.
The excellence and dedication of our 2,000 physicians, 2,500 nurses and other allied health professionals make Cedars-Sinai one of the nation's leading academic medical centers. Our commitment to exceptional patient care, world-class research and training tomorrow's healthcare leaders is central to everything we do.
- Cedars-Sinai was ranked as one of America’s Best Hospitals for 2012-13 by U.S. News & World Report in 12 specialties: cancer; cardiology and heart surgery; diabetes and endocrinology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; geriatrics; gynecology; nephrology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pulmonology; and urology.
- The nursing program at Cedars-Sinai has earned the four-year Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) three consecutive times.
- Our quest to pioneer treatments for our patients is at the core of all we do. Cedars-Sinai researchers are developing new therapies for cancer, neurological and cardiac disorders, among others. Clinical trials are under way on many other innovative treatments, such as a brain cancer vaccine, cardiac stem cell therapy to regenerate damaged heart muscle and brain cooling to minimize the damage caused by strokes.
- Cedars-Sinai is an academic medical center with elite training programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas. As one of the largest medical centers in the United States, we offer residents and fellows exposure to a wide range of procedures and populations.
- We offer a PhD program in Biomedical Science and Translational Medicine. Our program focuses on seeing scientific discoveries translated swiftly, safely and powerfully into the application of therapies, treatments and cures.
To learn more about Cedars-Sinai, visit cedars-sinai.edu.
Finding new, innovative therapies to improve our patients’ lives motivates us every day. Advances in our research laboratories have led to many life-saving breakthroughs.
Continuing medical education courses are offered throughout the year to keep us on the leading edge of medicine.
We’re deeply committed to providing graduate medical education that trains the physicians of tomorrow.
Cedars-Sinai has one of the largest state-of-the-art clinical research trial facilities of any private hospital in the United States. With our bench-to-bedside approach to research, our work leads to dramatic changes in patient care.
Cedars-Sinai’s reputation for excellence comes from the work of our great staff. Explore careers for health professionals at Cedars-Sinai.